Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My post-op bucket list

These are the things that I want to do when I'm done with this hip stuff:

1.  Put my socks on myself.  (figured I'd start off with an easy one)
2.  Bay to Breakers.   I love San Francisco and a race that needs to actually ask that people wear clothing sounds like it would be a fun time.
3. The San Francisco Half Marathon.  Mostly because I had to DNS this year because of surgery.  I basically bought a $100 t-shirt for a race I didn't run.
4.  A kayak-bike-run triathlon.  There aren't that many of these around, but I'd love to do one.
5. To be able to use my standing desk.   It sounds silly, but the standing desk has so dramatically improved my health, I don't know what I am going to do if my hip doesn't allow me to stand while at work!
6. Ten Penny Duathlon. Every.Damn.Year. I am injured for this race.  Last year was my first year doing it, but it was coming off an injury so I really hadn't trained at all. I think I had two or three bike rides before race day.   I'd like to be able to do this race healthy.
7. Steeple Chase Bike Tour.  I've done this bike ride several years, and it's one of those events I love doing over and over, mostly because the rest stops are all churches who bake goodies for the riders  (calories in > calories out for this event!).  I've had to miss it the last few years.
8. Soapstone Mountain Trail race.  It's local, it's put on by a great group and it has this warning:  The courses include a number of steep, rocky, slippery or otherwise treacherous areas. Though injuries have been few and minor during the races history, a serious injury is possible. Because parts of the long course are relatively inaccessible, it is possible that an injured runner might have to wait an hour or more for emergency medical care.
9.  Bolton XC Summer Series.  For 7 Wednesdays in the summer, $3 will get you entry into a tough 2.9 mile XC race.  No electronic timing, no t-shirts, no frills, but loads of fun.

I think that's all doable, right?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this idea! I may have to steal it.

    We have a kayak-bike-run tri around here that I would love to do someday. I would need to learn how to kayak first though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks all very doable to me! :)

    ReplyDelete