Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 5 Post-Op and PT Session #2

Amazing what a few days can do!  Today's physical therapy session was much better than Monday's.  I didn't feel like I was fighting against my hip the whole time.  I was in better control of my leg and could do all the exercises without needing to use my psoas/hip flexors at all, avoiding the dreaded hip flexor spasms from hell.

In fact, I was doing so well, she had me put almost full weight-bearing on my op leg for a few seconds, then shift weight back to my non-op leg.   I was shocked, but it really felt OK, so I did a few more.   Then she had me do some "mini squats" - just bend my knees a little bit, with my weight distributed evenly on both feet.   Again, no issues for a set of 10.  I felt pretty awesome, especially after the miserable first PT session.

After therapy, my husband and I went out to lunch.  I can sit up for about the length of a lunch comfortably, but anything longer than that and I need to stretch out.   I've heard that some have issues sitting up post-surgery, so I am thankful that I can sit up for meals without too much trouble.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, so much progress in such a short time! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also had me shifting my weight to the operated leg in the first week. I was kind of like, "Ummm, really?" But like you I was surprised to feel no pain. I'm glad PT was much better this time!

    ReplyDelete