Friday, May 23, 2014

A very big thing happened today

Three weeks post-surgery.... and I drove myself to the gym.   That would be the first time I was behind the wheel of a car in 21 days.  When was the last time you went a full three weeks without driving?   Have you ever? 



At the gym I did:
My physical therapy work
Planks 2x1 minute (alternating 10 seconds on my feet 10 seconds on my knees because I am so damn weak at the moment)
Arm bike for 18 minutes - according to the machine that was a whole 3 miles!  
Then I did the back/chest/shoulder machines, since I am not cleared for free weights

This week I also went to work for 4 hours, which was the longest I'd been out of the house since surgery and I also was allowed to drop down to one crutch while in the house.  

This week I had more ache/groin pain but less of the "sharp" pains.  I can now twist on my hip (not that I actively try to do this) without a zing in the hip.    I can also now activate my hip flexors without pain, though they are incredibly weak.  

A big week all around!

5 comments:

  1. Three weeks without driving? I think I would drive to the coast of California my first time back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats! That's a big deal. Independence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughhhh I think not driving is the WORST part. That and not being able to carry my coffee :) Hang in there. It gets better and more exciting, I promise!

    ReplyDelete