Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 6 Post-Op and First gym trip

Today was pretty uneventful, which is fine with me.  I am off the vicodin completely, thankfully.  On Monday that seemed impossible!  I am still on the NSAID, per doctor's orders.  Pain overall is maybe a 1 or a 2 out of 10, certainly nothing notable.

I went to the gym today and worked on my physical therapy and then did 10 minutes on the arm bike. This is what it looks like:

I didn't use the foot pedals because I am not yet cleared for cycling, but the arm work was hard enough.  Ten minutes was about 1.5 miles according to the read out and then I thought about the hand-bike folks who do a marathon with their arms!  Impressive.

In other news, I also have acquired a post-surgery cold.  Nothing terrible but annoying.

Tomorrow is my one week check up at the surgeon's office.  I am pretty sure he will be in surgery tomorrow, so I believe I will be seeing his physican's assistant.  I'm most interested to get all the details of what they did in surgery and hopefully some pictures as well.


1 comment:

  1. Glad your pain has diminished so much!! I can't believe you are at the gym already. That's awesome. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete