Saturday, April 5, 2014

Where the *bleep* is spring?

Alrighty, Mother Nature, enough.   It's 40 degrees, overcast and damp.  I suppose I should be happy it's above freezing but c'mon, a little sunshine would be nice.   Ugh.

You know how I was saying that I'd strung together a series of days with minimal pain?  Well, that ended.  My hip has been particularly cranky the last two days now.  Started off with some pins and needles in my hip flexor (not sure what that's about), some locking and feeling tight and now just a general overall ache.   It's my day to aqua run which is good because I'm not sure I could do any full weight bearing exercise comfortably.

I'm working on my list of meals/snacks to pre-make and freeze.  So far I have:
- Spaghetti sauce and meatballs
- Chili
- Shepherd's pie
- Chicken curry
- Beef stew
- Pre-marinated chicken breasts (thaw and throw on the grill, easy!)
- Pizza crusts from Udi's (ok, I'm not making these but they will be handy)
- Banana bread
- Applesauce (homemade applesauce is the BEST!  I make mine with sweet potato for a little added substance. Yum.)

Hmmm, what else?


3 comments:

  1. Quiche freezes well. I had good intentions of prepping ahead. I got as far as Baked Ravioli and Spaghetti sauce. Fortunately our friends and family came to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really preparing! How about meatloaf? Do you like it? It freezes well and is easy to just toss in the oven. Or enchiladas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in some sort of hyper-planning mode with this. lol Meatloaf and quiche are both good ideas!

    ReplyDelete