Saturday, April 12, 2014

News flash - spring has arrived!

Today we hit 70 degrees.  The last time we hit 70 was wayyyyy back on October 10th.   A long, grueling, miserable 6 months of winter in between.   Tomorrow and Monday are supposed to be just as beautiful out, hooray!

I got out on the bike for 15 miles.  I started off in a jacket but I was down to shorts and a short sleeved jersey by the half way point!  I intended to do 20 but the hip was bothering me enough that I figured I should cut it short.   I have another ride planned tomorrow, a little longer at 25 miles, so there was no need to push it today.   I am pretty sure the deep knee bends I did to get the chain greased and the tires pumped up tweaked things a bit - it's always the little stuff!

My pretty bike!



I hung out on my inversion table after the ride.  I purchased it a few months ago but hadn't gotten around to setting it up - which was a feat with its million pieces and hard to read instructions.   It's supposed to help with disc issues, so I figure getting some traction in before surgery might help alleviate any post-surgery low back pain flare ups (likely some wishful thinking, but it can't hurt).

Today is also day 1 of the freezer stocking cooking!  Spaghetti sauce/meatballs and chili is on the docket.  I'll freeze most of it and save enough for a meal or two during the week.

1 comment:

  1. We had similar weather today. Now you have me wondering the last time we hit 70...definitely last fall and not in November I don't think! Glad you were able to enjoy the weather a bit and also get some cooking done!

    ReplyDelete