Friday, April 11, 2014

T-minus three weeks til surgery day!

Green Day's Basket Case was on the radio as I drove home from work.  It pretty much summed up my feelings lately.  I'm constantly in complain and whine mode.

Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything
All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

My latest complaint is that I'm starting to have symptoms in my OTHER hip.  You know...the good hip.  I noticed it maybe a month ago and dismissed it.  The tightness and achy stuff is starting to happen a little bit more often and last night I had shooting pains as I laid on that side.  Then when I was doing my PT today, I got that sharp zing in the groin that was all too familiar. Son of a _____.

I called my ortho's office today and they said they will do a full work up on the other hip after surgery.  Being the impatient person that I am... I really would like to know what's going on.   I hate being in limbo with a million questions.  Will I need more surgery?  When?  How does this impact my rehab for the first surgery?  Will I ever be able to run again if I have two bad hips?

It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment