Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fueled by cupcakes

It's sort of amazing that I've only gained 5 lbs in the last two months since surgery.  Because, basically, cupcakes.  I could get away with that stuff when I was breaking a sweat every day, but there's really no calorie burn happening now even close to negating the constant snacking.  But, alas, they taste yummy.  And since my husband is marathon training, he gets cupcakes.  So then I HAVE to get cupcakes.
Saturday's cupcakes - lemon creme and chocolate raspberry

I have taken a few 4+ mile walks on the rail trail.   It's been a little easier to do it on the trail versus doing the longer walks around the track ('round and 'round and 'round) or around the neighborhood where in any direction there is a huge hill.   It can be a pain living out in the boonies sometimes, but we have a whole slew of different trails available within an easy driving distance.  And having access to a large rail trail system particularly like this is fantastic - it's quiet, pretty and close!







9 comments:

  1. YUM!! I'm assuming they're GF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful trails nearby! Glad to hear you are getting in some good walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're so lucky! I did a different trail this weekend, very pretty.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cupcakes and beautiful trails! Of course you have to have cupcakes if he gets them, that's what I would do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! Are you somewhere in the Midwest?

    ReplyDelete