Wednesday, July 23, 2014

More trails. More bugs.

I did about 4 hours worth of hiking this past weekend, hitting up a few of our local trails that I hadn't been on recently.  One hosts a marathon and I always head south which is more runnable - this time I went north and was like "People RUN this??"  Talk about rocky!

One of the more runnable spots through the rock garden

Not sure why there's a chimney out in the middle of the woods

Rock walls from when this was farm land, I think


One hike started off with a bear sighting.  I've never seen a bear in real life!  He was cute.  Just meandering across the street like it was a normal Sunday.  Tra la la.  He completely ignored us.

I have been trying to find the right combination of bug repellents but these buggers are persistent.  DEET, Permethrin-infused clothes, Badger "natural" bug spray which makes me smell like a citronella candle... nothing worked.   I really need some suggestions because I expend more energy swatting bugs than I do walking.  Wait, maybe I can consider that my upper body workout?  Hmmm.


2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you find something that works with the bugs! They drive me crazy! Why do they have to aim for my eyes/face?

    ReplyDelete