Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summertime fun

We had a pretty cool spring and now the summer seems to be following in a similar path.  Typical weather for end of June/fourth of July is hot, humid, sticky weather.  It's been in the 80s with tolerable humidity and the nights are staying cool.  Amazing!  I know this won't stick around but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Today I went for my first bike ride post-surgery.  I'd been holding off because biking definitely had been irritating my hip flexors.  I managed 12 miles in about an hour, just a real easy pace on a flat rail trail.   No pains or aches while I was biking but yeah... the hip flexors, particularly my TFL, are cranky.  I iced afterwards and foam rolled a bit, we'll see how it feels in the morning.

After the bike ride, I still wanted to get my daily walk in, so I went for a few miles in the woods near our house.   The trail follows the river and it's so pretty.

The river runs along the right.

Some busy beavers!

Over the last 30 days, I've walked just about 32 miles.  I try to get out at least for a mile every day.  As I mentioned, the weather has really cooperated and it's been great outdoor weather.  My walking schedule from the last week:
Saturday - 3.4 mi
Thursday - 3.3 mi
Wednesday - 3.3 mi
Tuesday - 2.6 mi
Monday - 1.5 mi
Sunday - 2.5 mi

I had my two month check-in with the surgeon this week.   It wasn't much of anything, really.  I first met with the PA and he tested my range of motion, then I waited for an hour to see the surgeon and he basically tested the same things and also checked to make sure my psoas was firing ok.  Everything checked out fine and so my next appointment will be in mid-August.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are progressing so well! You are so active--I knew you wouldn't be down long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay bike rides!!! And that's a ton of walking! You're doing amazingly!

    ReplyDelete