Monday, September 9, 2013

Your favorite distance?

Speed? Endurance?  Both?

Here is a list of distances that I've competed in so far, with my sad little PRs (if you haven't found yourself on Athlinks, it's a great way to keep track of races and PRs!):

1 mile - Short, sweet, sucking wind the whole time.  Love it and wish there were more around!   7:25

2.4 mile XC - Because it's XC, this isn't a fair comparison to the other (road) races, but this is very similar to a 5K. You can't push all out but you also aren't very comfortable.  26:25

5K - If I pick my 5Ks well, I can place in my AG. But I have to pick a really small race.    26:55

8K - Another trail race.  And I fell flat on my face.  Not my favorite.  54:18

10K - This is probably my favorite distance.  It's a good combination of distance and speed, without being too painful in either direction (or maybe better stated, it's equally painful in both LOL)  1:00:40

Half marathon - I like the challenge of the HM, but to be honest, the training kills me (ok, not literally, but close).  I would like to be healthy enough for the San Francisco half in 2014... we'll see!  2:11

I would love to tackle a 15K and 20K and add them to my list!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I haven't really used Athlinks, but most of the races I do are so small that they aren't on there. I suppose maybe if I make an account I could add them?

    Anyhow love your list! I think 10k might be my favorite too. My times are so close to yours. I wish we lived nearby and could train together, or at least race together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the small ones you have to ask that they add them - fortunately, I have a racer in this household who gladly does all that for me. LOL

      Would be great to run together! Who knows, maybe I'll be out that way and the timing works out :)

      Delete