Saturday, September 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions... in September

No reason to wait until the ball drops to set a new path for yourself, right?

In August, I did a Whole30.  I can't say it was wickedly successful, only because I spent most of the month craving everything I couldn't have, but it did reinforce that some of the things I choose to shove in my piehole are probably not the best choices - so in that way, it wasn't a total waste of an experiment.  Now I'm working on keep those really bad things out of my diet, but if I want to have some white potatoes, I'm not going to worry about it.  I did get used to drinking my coffee black and I don't think I'll go back to creamer.

For September, I've decided that my goal will be to do some sort of activity every day, even if it's just getting out for a walk or doing all my physical therapy exercises (which take some time!).    So far so good, except that one morning I went out for a walk in the pouring rain and got soaked.  I think my sneakers are still wet.

Since I started on the 3rd, here's my list:
Sept 3rd - Run
4th - Run
5th - Walk
6th - Run
7th - Bike ride
Tomorrow - Gym + walk

Let's see where I'm at on the 30th!


2 comments:

  1. Great job on finishing the 30. I am positive I could not have done that. I agree that you don't have to wait for the new year to make goals. Now's a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, today I made lawn mowing count towards my month. lol It had to get done and I just couldn't put it off any longer. (I will try to get my PT done before bed!)

      Delete