Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A life without running

Yeah, yeah, I can't run without pain in my not-yet-fixed hip.  And hiking this weekend was tough with the hip pain.  But I can do a lot of other things, and I am trying to not lose focus on the positive.

Here has been my schedule over the last week:
Thursday - Squats, lunges and my hip PT work
Friday - 5 miles on the ElliptiGo
Saturday - 1 hour power reformer pilates
Sunday - 4 mile hike (cut short from the 6 miles I originally wanted to do), 30 minutes on the spin bike
Monday - Elliptical, squats and pull ups/dips
Tuesday - rest and massage
Wednesday - Elliptical, squats, core and hip PT exercises

Overall, this is a pretty good week.  Nothing causes me more pain or aggravates symptoms.  My operated hip feels fantastic - little aching, decent ROM.   The other hip stays about the same.  So I call that a win.

Surgery was six months ago and while this wasn't where I thought I would be at this point, it's also not all bad.

My appointment with the surgeon to have my other hip examined is November 12th. I'm trying to not focus on it too much because I can't change anything between then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment