Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My favorite gear

I have accumulated quite a bit rehab- and PT-specific gear over the years.  I am pretty sure I could start up my own therapy office with all the stuff I have purchased.   I'll skip over the foam roller standard, because everyone's probably already on that bandwagon.

The torture foam roller AKA rumble roller
For when a foam roller is just not painful enough.  The little nubbies really dig into tight muscles.


This 5" ball is great for hitting hard to reach places, or places where a little circular motion helps.  I sit on it to work out piriformis tightness and on my lower back to loosen up the QL.  I also have these balls which are smaller and harder but can be used in a similar way.

This helps with core and stability.  I will do one-leg balance moves with this disc, like this:


These are so inexpensive and can be a great hip and glute strength tool.   I have the green and blue for my side lunges, monster walks, clamshells, etc.  Youtube is a great resource for hip-specific workouts.



While not a rehab-specific, TRX is a great whole-body workout for those that are looking for strength training but don't have access to weights.

2 comments:

  1. We have a roller & the bands but I've never tried either one. I wished we lived closer--you could show me the ropes! Thanks for the reviews. I am intrigued by the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post! I am going to look into a balance disk.

    ReplyDelete