Saturday, December 6, 2014

Race Day Eve

It's been a long time since I have raced.  A year exactly, as a matter of fact, as of tomorrow.  I participated in a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, but that was more like a laid back rolling party than a real race environment.  Tomorrow will be the first race post-op and the first in a year.  365 days.  I'd like to say that time has flown but it hasn't.

I'm not planning on really racing it, though - I mean, I just graduated from the run/walk so while I can cover the distance, there's really no point in pushing the speed.  But I'm still working on my pre-race "stuff" tonight, for old time's sake:

-Made sure I ate some good carbs.  Ok, let's be honest, it was more that I wanted an excuse to eat pizza.  It's just a 5k.

-Made an iTunes playlist.  I normally don't race with headphones on but I'm feeling that a little music will help keep me focused on not watching my Garmin the entire time.  Lead song:  Happy by Pharrell, of course.

-Charging the Garmin.  Mostly to record that it actually happened.  Like, for real.

-Picking out the outfit.  It's going to be in the 20s and windy at race time.  Somehow I need to figure out how to wear my InkNBurn holiday long sleeve and layer enough under it to stay warm.  The struggle is real, people.

-Foam roller everything.

Game on.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Just getting ready to race was a neat feeling after not having done it for so long :) You totally need to carb load for a 5K. You really should have had some donuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of love that nervous anticipation. No wonder you had some dreams after all that prep! :)

    ReplyDelete